The Industrial Maintenance Technology program prepares students to install, adjust, troubleshoot and repair a variety of industrial machinery used in manufacturing settings. Technicians may work in factories that manufacture, finish or assemble many different types of products.
Students study the basic operations common to production equipment used in industry today. Electricity and electronics and Pneumatics, hydraulics are emphasized to ensure students have a diverse array of competitive skills, including machining, CNC, and welding.
This highly skilled trade offers many employment opportunities.
Students in this program will learn:
- Manufacturing Systems
- Design and Development Process
- Prototyping for Manufacturing
- CNC Machine Management
- Engineering Blueprints and Specifications
- CNC Programing
- Machining Technologies
- Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Lead Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Industrial Maintenance Manager
- Industrial Engineering Technician
- Field Service Technician-CNC
Students will have the opportunity to become certified on a number of heavy machines. Certification: National Institute for Metalworking Skills certification, OSHA 10-Hour, First Aid/CPR
Program collaboration with Eastern Gateway College, offering CTAG credit, and apprenticeship opportunities