Coronavirus Precautionary Steps - English
We are asking parents to help in the effort to minimize the spread of this type of virus by having your family follow the recommendations from the CDC, which are the same ones that everyone should practice during flu season:
- Stay home when you are sick. Please be fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Individuals with chronic health issues and/or individuals experiencing severe symptoms should be evaluated by a medical professional. In addition, the school district is following recommendations from the CDC to daily clean areas and equipment frequently touched by students and staff, and encourage students to wash hands often.
We also encourage parents to report if their child has a confirmed case of the flu to help us track viral infections and to better target our sanitizing efforts.
If we do experience COVID-19 cases, we will take our direction from the CDC, Ohio Department of Health and Mahoning County Public Health at that time.